we are here to help
Financial support available to you
How we could help you right now
Many of our clients need immediate support due to the impact of COVID-19 on them, their families or their business. We are committed to working with each of our clients according to their own circumstances to help mitigate any financial distress being caused by the virus. For example:
- we are able to offer repayment holidays for up to 3 months to clients with existing mortgages and may be able to extend existing payment holidays for a further three months as well as considering other types of support available. Please note interest will accrue during the payment holiday and will result in clients paying more over the full term of the mortgage. Repayments may also increase after the repayment holiday
- we’re able to offer repayment holidays for up to 3 months to clients with some existing personal loans. Clients can apply for a repayment holiday until 31 October 2020. No interest will accrue during this time, but repayments may increase following the end of the repayment holiday
- we are able to offer existing Adam Black Cardholders a 1, 2 or 3-month payment holiday, with the minimum monthly payment reduced to £1, and no interest accruing during this time. Clients can apply for a payment holiday until 31 October 2020
- we have passed on the recent interest rate reductions for any lending that is linked to base rate
- we will waive penalties and allow you access to any fixed or notice deposits that need to be broken due to coronavirus
- we will refund the 2% cash withdrawal fee (minimum £1.50) if you let us know you have used your Adam Black Card to withdraw emergency cash.
If you are experiencing any financial difficulties - involving any existing borrowing or you need to set up a new borrowing arrangement - please speak to your private banker, or any other adviser who supports you, as soon as possible.
Eligibility criteria may apply. Credit is subject to status and approval.
How we are supporting businesses
We appreciate the huge impact current conditions will be having on many businesses and are here to help our business clients as much as we possibly can.
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
Adam is now an accredited provider of the government’s Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). The scheme provides financial support to small and medium-sized businesses that are losing revenue and experiencing cashflow pressures because of the coronavirus. We are able to provide loans from £50,001 to £5 million.
The loans are available for terms of up to six years and include a standard 12-month capital repayment holiday. In addition, the government has agreed that it will pay up to the first 12 months of the loan interest on the borrower’s behalf.
The UK government provides banks with a guarantee for 80% of the loan, but the borrower remains liable for 100% of the outstanding debt.
Adam is now an accredited provider of the government's Bounce Back Loan Scheme which is available to support small and medium-sized businesses that are losing revenues because of the coronavirus.
Accessing Employment Law and Health and Safety advice
Taking care of your people and ensuring you operate safely has never been more important. But meeting your responsibilities in health and safety, employment regulations and compliance can be tricky to navigate, especially during these difficult times.
That is where Mentor can help. Mentor have been supporting thousands of businesses over the past 25 years by providing guidance and resources to help businesses:
- stay on top of legal and regulatory changes
- maintain compliance and reduce risk
- create a safe, professional and sustainable work environment.
Mentor’s 90-day service
To help navigate the coronavirus outbreak, Mentor can offer a 90-day service that supports businesses with access to a range of services, including:
- an employment law & HR advice service, available from 8am till 8pm, Monday to Friday
- a self-service tool for the latest expert employment law and HR advice
- a 24/7 health and safety advice service
- MentorLive which helps with various issues such as unfurloughing staff, reopening business operations and managing staff sickness.
A simple, upfront payment structure is available for this service:
|Employee Banding||Price (excluding VAT)|
|1 - 20||£192 + VAT|
|21 - 50||£348 + VAT|
|51 - 100||£600 + VAT|
|101 +||£936 + VAT|
Learn more about Mentor
If you are interested in learning more about Mentor, and how they may be able to help your business, please contact your private banker who will be happy to introduce you. Alternatively, please contact David Paling on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free business mentoring and support
Through our relationship with alltogether.company, clients with businesses whose pre-COVID turnover was between £2m-£100m can access free mentoring and business advice from top CEOs and founders of businesses to help them through the toughest time in their careers. alltogether.company have over 100 volunteer advisers ready to help provide CEO to CEO mentoring.
If you think you could benefit from this, or you could spare the time to join their collective of advisers working to support our SME business community, please visit their website.
Security may be required. Over 18s only. Business use only. Subject to status. Exclusions may apply. Any property or asset used as security may be repossessed or forfeited if you do not keep up repayments on any debt secured on it.
Protect your business from coronavirus-related scams
With remote working increasingly common, please remember that anywhere your staff work is an extension of your workplace. It is therefore especially important for employees to be aware of the need to maintain security and that fraudsters are exploiting coronavirus to facilitate various types of fraud and cybercrime.
Fraudsters pose as a creditor or supplier and advise you that because of the coronavirus outbreak their company’s bank details have changed and that you should update the sort code and account number you hold.
Bogus emails, claiming to be from a senior member of staff, such as a Director, CEO or Chairman, are sent to the accounts team requesting an urgent payment.
The fraudster will often claim that an urgent payment is needed due to exceptional circumstances, such as the spread of coronavirus.
Banking from home
To help protect both our clients and our staff, we have adapted some of our services.
- You can now use your Adam credit and debit cards to make contactless payments up to £45 (provided the merchant is set up to accept the increase in limit from the current £30).
- As there are a limited number of staff working in our offices, it may take a few extra days for any cheques that you post to us to be processed. Please therefore:
- avoid sending us payment instructions via post. The quickest way to make a payment is via Adam Online or Adam Mobile. If you are unsure how to do this or the payment is complex, please send a secure message within Adam Online and we will call you back to talk you through how to do this. If you are not registered for Adam Online, please email your name and telephone number to email@example.com (ensuring you don’t include any sensitive information or payment instructions)
- bear this in mind if you receive any regular income via cheque that could be paid to you electronically - such as dividends or NS&I Premium Bonds - please update your details directly with the payer, so that any future income is paid electronically
- please do not send cash through the post under any circumstances.
- To help keep clients and staff safe, our offices are currently closed to clients.
If you need to deposit a cheque, please do so using a pre-printed Adam pay-in slip at your local Royal Bank of Scotland or NatWest branch (checking its status before visiting). We strongly recommend you only do this in line with government advice. Clients in central London can also access the counter services at Coutts & Co at their head office, 440 Strand. If you wish to use this service at Coutts, please contact your private banker in advance to make an appointment.
Our safe custody service is now open by appointment for access to or withdrawal of deposited items. In Edinburgh, this service is available at The Royal Bank of Scotland branch at 36 St Andrew Square, and in London at Coutts & Co at 440 Strand. If you wish to access your item(s), please contact your private banker to make an appointment.
Use our digital services
Adam Online provides a safe and secure way to carry out your day to day banking 24/7.
To register for our digital services, please email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to set you up. Alternatively please call 020 7770 0000 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm at weekends and bank holidays.
‘How to’ guides
To help use Adam Online, we’ve launched some 'how to' guides which explain in simple steps how to use certain features such as cancelling a Direct Debit or requesting a limit increase on an Adam Black Card.
Eligibility criteria may apply.
Adam Travel Insurance
We’ve created guidance based on the type of questions that have been asked by our clients around the continued impact on travelling with COVID-19.
Protecting yourself from fraud
Beware of fraudsters attempting coronavirus-related scams
Fraudsters are sending out coronavirus-themed phishing emails to trick people into opening malicious attachments or revealing sensitive personal and financial details.
Emails purporting to be from medical or government research organisations should be treated with caution.
Vishing is fraudulent contact made by phone.
Be alert to bogus calls linked to coronavirus as these could be from fraudsters who claim they are from organisations such as the Bank, the Police, an official health organisation or a company that you trust.
Fraudsters are targeting those who are ill or self-isolating by offering to do their shopping. The fraudster will ask for their victim’s card and PIN to enable them to purchase the groceries but will use this to access the victim’s account. Of course, the groceries will never arrive.
Keeping busy in lockdown
Help with food deliveries and keeping everyone entertained
Adam Concierge ordinarily helps Adam Black cardholders with everything from restaurant bookings to travel arrangements. But during this unprecedented period, we’re making available to all our clients – whether Black cardholders or not – a range of handy guides from our concierge partners at Ten Lifestyle Group. We hope they help keep you and your loved ones active, entertained and happy.
There are a number of different ways that you can contact us. For example:
Adam 24 are available to receive your calls from 7am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm at weekends and bank holidays. If your query is urgent you can email Adam24@adambank.com outside of these hours.
There are likely to be some lengthy call waiting times so where possible, please:
- continue to use Adam Online for your day to day banking. To help we have launched some ‘how to’ guides which explain in simple steps how to use certain features such as cancelling a Direct Debit or requesting a limit increase on an Adam Black Card
- use our secure messaging service within Adam Online to contact our team and we’ll respond to all queries as soon as possible
- email your name and phone number to and we will respond to all queries as soon as possible within one hour. Please ensure you do not include any sensitive information or payment instructions in your email
- use our new chat function on adambank.com for any general queries you may have.
SECURE MEETINGS VIA VIDEO
Our private bankers and other advisers are also able to hold secure meetings via video. If you are interested in arranging a video meeting, you will need to download the Zoom app and create an account (if you haven’t already got one set up). It is very easy to use and once you are set up, you will be ready to arrange your meeting with your banker or adviser. Provided you use Zoom in a meeting arranged by us, you will benefit from the enhanced security controls we have in place.
To help keep clients and staff safe, our offices are currently closed to clients.